2016 Men in Uniform Challenge
January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017
Who doesn’t love a man in uniform? They’re hot, resourceful, and they’re always well equipped. And If you like reading books featuring men in uniform, then this is the reading challenge for you!
Reading Challenge Details:
Runs January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017 You can join any time.
The goal is to read as many novels that feature men in uniform as you’d like. It can be a policeman, firefighter, paramedic, doctor, veterinarian, mechanic, military, etc. – as long as the leading man wears some sort of uniform, it counts. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down. Remember, the idea is to challenge yourself.
Books can be any format (print, ebook, audio).
Books can be any genre (romance, m/m romance, fiction, non-fiction, mystery/thriller, etc.).
Novellas that are 100 pages in length (give or take), as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
Sergeant: read 1–10 men in uniform novels
Lieutenant: read 11–20 men in uniform novels
Captain: read 21–30 men in uniform novelsChief: read 31-40 men in uniform novels
General: 41-50 men in uniform novels
Chairman, Joint Chiefs: 51+ men in uniform novels
1. A Better Man - Candis Terry (Avon - Apr 2016) (hockey) - Jan 17
5. Christmas Getaway - Anne Stuart, Tina Leonard, Marion Lennox (HQN - Nov 2008) - Claus and Effect by Anne Stuart (police officer) - Feb 22
7. A SEAL Forever - Anne Elizabeth (Sourcebooks Casablanca - Dec 2015) (SEAL) - Feb 23
8. Those Texas Nights - Delores Fossen (HQN - Jan 2017) (police chief) - Mar 6
14, All I Want - Jill Shalvis (Berkley - Oct 2015) (Fish & Wildlife Service) - Apr 3
20. The Prince and I - Karen Hawkins (Pocket - Aug 2015) (prince/general) - Apr 17
22. Firewolf - Jenna Kernan (HI #1711 - May 2017) (firefighter/hotshot) - Apr 25